Responsibilities of the Freeholder
As a Freeholder of a block of flats or estate you will be responsible to the Leaseholders for administering the covenants in the lease and ensuring that the buildings and grounds are well maintained and meet the required legal standards concerning Fire Safety, Health & Safety, Asbestos etc.
The expenditure for this is recovered from the Leaseholders through service charges, and you may additionally be collecting Ground Rent and/or Insurance contributions.
With the upcoming changes in legislation, getting this wrong could involve financial penalties or even a custodial sentence.
It can be difficult to separate your requirements as the Freeholder from the wants and desires of the Leaseholders, which is why you should consider appointing a professional managing agent.
How can PMMS help?
As your appointed managing agent, we provide:
- An all inclusive service to the Freeholder where we deal with all aspects of managing the lease
- Transparent service charge and ground rent accounting with access to bank statements and financial updates on request
- Planned Maintenance Programme covering expenditure over 2, 5 and 10 years to ensure the service charges cover the maintenance of the buildings and grounds
- Handling of leaseholder disputes, breach of lease cases and service charge debt recovery
- Insurance for the building and plant machinery through a third-party broker (optional)
- Full maintenance of the buildings with reactive issues monitored through our online leaseholder portal
If you are investigating the appointment of a new managing agent, we are able to assist you with desk research and preparation of indicative proposals pending site visits at a later date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the New Business Form on this page.
Why shortlist PMMS to be your Managing Agent?
- Established 30 years with excellent client retention (references available)
- Specialists in Block Management and Estate Management – we do not Sell or Let
- Full Range of Services for Residential Blocks and Estates in London and surrounding counties
- Your own Property Manager to ensure good communications and issues are dealt with
- All property managers are IRPM qualified and PMMS is regulated by RICS
“An outstanding service to Brownborne – practical, progressive and shows a passion for ensuring the houses are kept in the original modernist design.”
Toni Letts, Director of Brownborne Management Company Ltd
“PMMS staff and services have always been efficient, reliable and friendly. Long may our association with them continue.”
Patricia Bonham, Director of Steeple Hill Management Ltd
“Very impressed with our agent’s know how and ability to locate satisfactory items/contractors when required.”
Ken Hasted, Director of Westleigh Court (Croydon) Ltd
“I would have no hesitation recommending PMMS their service to date has been very good.”
Jes Chandler, Director of Harlow Court Limited
“I would like to say a big thank you to PMMS for all your very efficient help.”
Paul Trim, Director of Kingsmere Place No.3 Management Company
What is included in the PMMS service?
- : focus on transparency and minimising fluctuations in your annual bill
- : manage all Companies House filings
- : looking good and running smoothly
- : maintain your property for the future
- : favourable rates for our clients
- : facilitating the sales process
- : ensure compliance with all statutory regulations
Are you Freeholder or Director of RMC or RTM?
Arrange a Consultation by :
Or complete the New Business Form on this page.